We’re going to kick things off with our top day trips from Vancouver, rather then saving the best for last. Located 125 km north of Vancouver (about 1.5 hour drive), Whistler is a four season resort town with more than 8,000 acres of terrain spread across multiple mountain peaks.
Simply put – if you like adventure, Whistler was built for you.
Whistler gained world fame in 2010 when it co-hosted the Winter Olympics with the city of Vancouver. Whistler consistently ranks as the top ski resort in North America. In 2008, it introduced the world record-breaking Peak 2 Peak Gondola, completing the longest continuous lift system in the world.
Over the past decade, Whistler has evolved to become a top summer destination in Canada.
Whistler boasts over 50 km of high alpine hiking trails, multiple golf courses, zip-line courses, ATV off road tours, Jeep 4×4 tours to view glaciers, bungee jumping, bear viewing tours, white water rafting, and several fresh water lakes for SUP, kayaking and canoeing.
The Whistler Bike Park has quickly become one of the best mountain bike parks in North America. Whistler hosts several festivals and events each year, including the World Ski & Snowboard Festival in April and Crankworx Mountain Bike Festival in August.
Things to do in Whistler:
- Take the Whistler Peak 2 Peak Gondola Experience – learn more here.
- Try the Whistler Sasquatch Zipline, the longest zipline in Canada and the US.
- Rejuvenate and relax at the traditional Scandinave Spa
- Golf at 3 different courses, including the impressive Nicklaus North Golf Course
- SUP or kayaking at Lost Lake, Alta Lake or Green Lake
- Downhill mountain biking and/or cross-country trail riding
- Zip-line courses, ATV off road tours, white water rafting or bungee jumping
- Whistler Jeep Tour to see glaciers and snow-capped mountain vistas
- Helicopter excursion or float plane sightseeing tour
- Bear viewing tour and/or nature safari
- Hike to stunning alpine lakes at Garibali Lake, Joffre Lakes Provincial Park, Chekamus Lake, Elfin Lakes and/or Wedgemount Lake
- Visit the unique Whistler train wreck
- Search for Whistler hotel deals here.